Hi I’m Nicole and Balwyn Health Hub’s Nutritionist. A common question I get asked is – what does a nutritionist do? Nutritionists will usually have completed a tertiary qualification in nutrition, food science and/or public health. The main role of a nutritionist is to use a holistic approach which considers the whole person – mind, body and spirit to help people achieve optimal health as well as work in a preventative role. We guide, educate, empower and support dietary and lifestyle changes for a happier and more energetic you. In addition, we may also recommend supplementation or additional alternative therapies to support any changes. We recognise that disease is complex and is caused by a combination of factors therefore individualised care is the cornerstone of our practice.
Some areas a nutritionist can work together with the client on are:
- Weight loss, weight or muscle gain
- Preconception, pregnancy or postpartum
- Specific diets – vegan, vegetarian, low FODMAP, cholesterol lowering, DASH etc.
- Supplement management
- Digestive/GUT health
- Skin health
- Fatigue and chronic stress
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Gynecological issues such as poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and endometriosis
- Hormonal imbalances
- Autoimmune conditions
If you need any advice on improving your health call Balwyn Health Hub on 03) 9853 0808 to book an appointment or alternatively book directly through my website www.nourishthegut.com.au or click on the BOOK ONLINE tab on our homepage.